One Network Express (ONE) has published an update on General Average status of the container vessel Northern Jupiter and GA Security requirements for this incident.
The vessel remains safely at the anchorage in Singapore and the ship operator ANL is actively negotiating with its owners and the Port of Singapore Authority to berth the vessel at Singapore for all cargo discharge as a priority.
The vessel owners have appointed Stichling Hahn Hilbrich (Hamburg & London) (“SHH”) as Average Adjusters. SHH has provided the following requirements for the GA securities. The cargo will only be released upon provision of the these required GA securities.
- Copy of commercial invoice and corresponding packing list.
- Copy of Bill of Lading, with all pages including all attachments.
- Copy of Sea freight invoice or arrival notice showing the sea freight amount.
- Average Bond, completed, signed and stamped by shipper or receiver.
- Average Guarantee, completed, signed and stamped by cargo insurers rated BBB+ or better, in case the cargo is insured.
- Copy of the insurance premium invoice, if readily available. Otherwise, ONE adds 0.1 per cent to the FOB value and sea freight value as insurance premium.
In case the cargo is not insured, Shipowners request a Cash Deposit of 10% of the CFR value into SHH Trust Account.
The necessary forms as well as ONE's Standard Instructions in order to assist cargo/container interest in submitting sufficient General Average securities can be downloaded from SHH website:
- Enter vessel name Northern Jupiter
- Enter case number 20.001-2
- Click button "Find Case"
Any insufficient General Average documentation will delay the delivery of the containerized cargo at the expense of the receivers, ONE says.