Vietnam's container terminals, Cat Lai and Tan Cang – Cai Mep International Terminal (TCIT), have announced measures to control their imports due to the local disruptions caused by the Covid-19 impact in Ho Chi Minh City.
The German carrier Hapag-Lloyd, which operates in these two terminals, has published the following measurements implemented by the Vietnamese box terminals:
- With immediate effect, temporary suspension to receive import containers of customers/companies whose production activities have already been suspended or halted.
- Temporary suspension of import reefer containers for those which cargo is to be unstuffed and stuffed into other containers at the terminal until August 16, 2021
- From 5 August until further notice, temporary suspension of receiving cargoes that occupy ample space at yards (such as the oversized, overweight cargo, project cargo, Out of Gauge OOG cargo, among others). This measurement will apply to both imports and exports.
- Limitation to import containers that are unloaded onto the container yard.
- In a worst-case scenario, when the container yard’s storage capacity reaches the maximum allowable level, the terminal shall stop receiving inbound vessels.