21.3 C
Monday, June 5, 2023
Evergreen Line
Evergreen Line
Evergreen Line
Home Port News Adani Ports, Gadot to operate Israel's largest port through 2024

Adani Ports, Gadot to operate Israel’s largest port through 2024

Indian major port operator Adani Group and the Israeli logistics firm Gadot have won the tender for the sale of the Port of Haifa.

Adani Ports and Gadot won tender in a US$1.2 billion deal. The concession will last through 2024 with the Indian port operator securing a 70% stake and the Israeli logistics group holding the remaining 30%.

The Port of Haifa is the largest port in Israel, handling around 50% of all the country's cargo.

Avigdor Lieberman, Finance Minister of Israel, said, "The privatisation of the port of Haifa will increase competition at the ports and lower the cost of living."

Meanwhile, Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd (APSEZ), India’s largest integrated transport utility, has clocked a cargo throughput of 100 MMT in the first 99 days of FY23.

"In 2021, we stated our ambition to emerge as the world’s largest private port company and India’s largest integrated transport utility by 2030," said Karan Adani, CEO of APSEZ.

He went on to comment, "When APSEZ’s operations spanned five ports, it took 14 years for the company to achieve 100 MMT of annual cargo throughput. In the following five years and with operations across nine ports, APSEZ doubled cargo throughput to 200 MMT. We then achieved the milestone of 300 MMT in just three years. We are now poised to grow our cargo volumes by 60% to 500 MMT by 2025 and emerge as the world’s largest port operator by 2030."

Latest Posts

Container Shipping Guide

International ocean freight shipping is one of the most preferred ways to securely ship your goods. However, you need to consider several things -...

Port of Felixstowe and Westwell sign agreenment for 100 autonomous trucks

UK's Port of Felixstowe and Shanghai Westwell Technology Co., Ltd (Westwell) have signed an agreement for an additional 100 battery-powered autonomous Q-Trucks.The order follows...

AD Ports inks 25-year agreement with Crystal Offshore

AD Ports Group has signed a 25-year agreement with Singapore-based Crystal Offshore, a provider of one-stop logistics solutions for the marine and offshore industry.More...

COSCO signs methanol fuel supply system deal for four boxships

COSCO SHIPPING Heavy Industry Technology (Weihai) inked an order agreement for methanol fuel supply system for four 16,000 TEU container ships with COSCO SHIPPING...

PSA BDP opens new EV battery warehouse in France

PSA BDP, a provider of globally integrated and port-centric supply chain, transportation, and logistics solutions, announced the inauguration of its new Electric Vehicle (EV)...