As you may know, in order to have a very positive impact on the environment, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) will enforce a new 0.5% global sulphur cap on fuel content from 1 January 2020, lowering from the present 3.5% limit.
For the environmental protection, China has announced their steps to its ECA (Emission Control Area) timeline on 01 October 2018 for shipment exporting from/imported to Shanghai, Ningbo and Yangtze River, China.
Yang Ming fully supports the regulations.
Due to the compliance in new regulation, it's expected the fuel cost will increase tremendously, the low sulphur surcharge shall be certainly introduced for the additional cost recovery.
Find YM's Low Sulphur Surcharge details as following :
- Charge name: Low Sulphur Surcharge
- Charge code: LR
- Effective date: 12 November, 2018 (on board date)
- Applicable coverage: shipments exported from/ imported to Shanghai, Ningbo and Yangtze River, China
- Applicable trade: Asia, Australia, South/ Central America (except Taiwan- China cross-strait)
- Pay term: collect at China
- Rate: USD16/teu