CMA CGM, COSCO, Evergreen and OOCL signed today (January 9, 2020) the launch of Ocean Alliance Day 4 Product, which will start in April 2020.
According to CMA CGM’s statement, through Ocean Alliance, CMA CGM offers its customers more port calls, more direct links and better transit times, thus reinforcing its competitiveness.
The French giant will deploy 112 of Ocean Alliance’s 325 container ships.
CMA CGM added that the evolution of the product Ocean Alliance offers the following:
- A comprehensive service offer on the Transpacific trade with 19 services,
- A strong offer between Asia and Europe with 7 services,
- A large offer between Asia and the Mediterranean with 4 services,
- 2 Transatlantic services linking North Europe to the East Coast of the United States and the Gulf of Mexico,
- The only alliance offering 4 services between Asia and the Middle East, 2 Asia-Red Sea services.
Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the CMA CGM Group, stated:
“One year after the extension of Ocean Alliance until 2027, the launch of the Day 4 Product will enable us to further strengthen the competitiveness and quality of CMA CGM’s offer. With this agreement, we are pursuing the continuous improvement of our services for the benefit of our customers.”