Kalmar is to supply the German logistics operator Seehafen Wismar (Wismar Seaport) with six heavy-duty terminal tractors. The order includes a four-year Kalmar Complete Care service agreement for the machines and was booked in Cargotec’s 2020 Q1 order intake, with delivery of the machines scheduled for the early part of Q4 2020.
Wismar Seaport believes it is one of the most advanced logistics companies in the Baltic Sea region, operating a modern industrial and logistics site on Germany’s northern coast. The company handles a wide variety of cargo by road, rail and sea using a fleet of Kalmar forklifts.
Kalmar’s heavy-duty TR618i terminal tractors include a number of safety-related features, including:
- Engine preheating to ensure reliable operation in sub-zero temperatures
- Electrically heated and adjusted exterior mirrors, avoiding the need to exit the cabin to clear or adjust mirrors
- A double brake pedal for easier operation
- An overrun structure behind the cabin for additional protection
- Integrated mudguards and bumpers to protect the 5th wheel and the chassis when working with a gooseneck.
The machines delivered to Wismar Seaport will be fitted with engines that meet EU Stage V emission standards. An additional seat in the cabin will enable terminal tractor drivers and hydraulic material handler operators to travel together around the site.
Kalmar Complete Care provides customers with preventive and corrective maintenance services to an agreed service level. With Complete Care, Kalmar seamlessly integrates all its maintenance and material-management operations with the customer’s own processes.
Christian Blaffert, Maintenance and Plant Engineer, Wismar Seaport, commented: “We look forward to further cooperation with Kalmar and the expansion of our vehicle fleet. Their machines are able to withstand the difficult operating conditions in our seaport.”