ZIM announces an upgrade to its Mediterranean Gulf Express (MGX). The new port rotation enables better connectivity and improved transit time. Starting mid-June, MGX rotation will be as follows:
Livorno – Genoa – Barcelona – Valencia – Cartagena – Kingston – Veracruz – Altamira -Houston – New Orleans – Caucedo – Algeciras – Valencia – Livorno
Main upgrades include:
- New Cartagena Westbound Call, a direct connection between the Mediterranean and Cartagena
- New Westbound Call in Kingston, ZIM’s main Caribbean Hub, with better feeding connectivity to final destinations & Faster transit time
- New Algeciras Eastbound Call with direct connection between the Caribbean, Mexico and US Gulf to Algeciras, Spain
- Caucedo Call Changed from Westbound to Eastbound (replacing the Caucedo Eastbound call of MPS Service)
- The Miami Call will be maintained on ZIM’s ZCI service.