We would like to remind you of our previous announcement regarding the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) cold treatment monitoring fee or “User Fee”.
This fee is applied for all cargo receiving cold treatments monitored by APHIS, including those cold treatments conducted on board a vessel while travelling to the United States.
The next scheduled phase in for the 3rd year will begin on December 28, 2017:
- 1st Year: December 28, 2015 to December 27, 2016 – $47.00 per container
- 2nd Year: December 28, 2016 to December 27, 2017 – $95.00 per container
- 3rd Year: December 28, 2017 to December 27, 2018 – $142.00 per container
- 4th Year: December 28, 2018 to December 27, 2019 – $190.00 per container
- 5th Year: December 28, 2019 onward – $237.00 per container
The User Fee will be invoiced by Hapag-Lloyd to the consignee for each shipment, separately from freight and all other carrier- or local agency charges.
All User Fees are collected by Hapag-Lloyd on behalf of USDA APHIS and are not considered as Carrier revenue in any way.