As Safmarine strives to continue to offer you a broad portfolio of services, we are announcing an increase in FAK rates (Freight All Kinds). Below are the FAK rates for a sample list of corridors, commodities and container types where the rate increase is effective. As always, please visit my.safmarine.com for a quote, or your rate sheets or contracts will provide you with full details of your latest rates.
- Commodity: Freight All Kinds (FAK)
- Effective start date: 01-11-17
- Until further notice, but not beyond 30-11-17
|Origin to destination||20′ DC||40′ DC and 40’HC|
|Rotterdam to Durban||660 USD||1685 USD|
|London Gateway to Durban||900 USD||1650 USD|
|Genoa to Durban||935 USD||1870 USD|
|Valencia to Durban||850 USD||1650 USD|
|Ambarli to Durban||850 USD||1800 USD|
- The above rates are inclusive of Basic Freight Rate (BAS), and Bunker Adjustment Factor (SBF).
- The above rates are subject to [Low Sulphur Surcharge (LSS), Emergency Risk Surcharge (ERS), Terminal Handling Charges (THC) and Peak Season Surcharge (PSS). Detailed levels of [LSS, ERS, THC and PSS] can be found here.
- The above rates are also subject to other applicable surcharges, including local charges and contingency charges.
- Other corridors, commodities and container types (including reefers) that are not listed above may also be subject to increases.
- These rates are unaffected by, and do not affect, any tariff notified, published or filed in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
- For trades subject to the US Shipping Act or the China Maritime Regulations, quotations or surcharges that vary from the Safmarine tariff shall not be binding on Safmarine unless included in a service contract or service contract amendment that has been filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) or the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, as applicable.