Maersk Line is announcing an increase in FAK rates (Freight All Kinds). Below are the FAK rates for a sample list of corridors, commodities and container types where the rate increase is effective. As always, please visit maersk.com for a quote, or your rate sheets or contracts will provide you with full details of your latest rates.
|Origins||Destinations||Commodity||Rate levels||Effective start date||Effective end date|
|Qingdao||Port of Sudan||FAK||EUR 1125||EUR 1750||EUR 1750||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Shanghai||Port of Sudan||FAK||EUR 1215||EUR 2100||EUR 2100||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Nansha||Port of Sudan||FAK||EUR 1050||EUR 1600||EUR 1600||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Kaohsiung||Port of Sudan||FAK||EUR 1275||EUR 2150||EUR 2150||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Qingdao||Djibouti||FAK||USD 1100||USD 1800||USD 1800||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Shanghai||Djibouti||FAK||USD 1100||USD 1800||USD 1800||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Nansha||Djibouti||FAK||USD 1050||USD 1700||USD 1700||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
|Kaohsiung||Djibouti||FAK||USD 1050||USD 1600||USD 1600||17-12-2018||Until further notice, but not beyond 31-12-18|
- The above rates are inclusive of Basic Freight Rate (BAS), Bunker Adjustment Factor (SBF), Emergency Risk Surcharge (ERS)
- The above rates are subject to Terminal Handling Charges (THC) and Peak Season Surcharge (PSS). Detailed levels of THC and PSS can be found here.
- The following charges are not applicable: Low Sulphur Surcharge (LSS).
- The above rates are also subject to other applicable surcharges, including local charges and contingency charges.
- Other corridors, commodities and container types (including reefers) that are not listed above may also be subject to increases.
- These rates are unaffected by, and do not affect, any tariff notified, published or filed in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
- For trades subject to the US Shipping Act or the China Maritime Regulations, quotations or surcharges that vary from the Maersk Line tariff shall not be binding on Maersk Line unless included in a service contract or service contract amendment that has been filed with the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) or the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, as applicable.