With reference to previous CustomerInfo dated February 7, 2018 on South African Customs Authorities implementation of the 24 hour filing prior to loading at the port of loading or Transhipment, we would like to inform you about the upcoming changes.
Changes effective April 20, 2018:
- Ocean Carrier’s Master Bill(s) have to be transmitted in addition to the freight forwarder / NVOCC House Bill of ladings.
- In case the NVOCC files cargo details directly to AMS, ocean carrier Master Bill Number must be inserted.
- For Ocean carrier Master Bill number, Hapag-Lloyd Customer Service Booking team can provide it on booking confirmation upon request.
- The Self-Filer has to pay attention to insert the Carrier SCAC Code “HLCU” on the House Bill(s).
- Any miss-match can result in no load message from customs.
- The carrier will transmit the Master Bill to AMS parallel to the transmission from the NVOCC for their House Bill(s)
- In case the Carrier is filing on behalf of non-self-filer NVOCC, the Customer has to provide ultimate Shipper & Consignee Details.
We are required to submit accurate and complete data 24 hours prior to loading.