CMA CGM reminds its customers that the Government of Côte d’Ivoire has implemented a Verification of Conformity Program for all goods imported in Côte d’Ivoire with a FOB value superior or equal to XOF 1 million (approx. EUR 1,500).
A period of grace had been granted until July 15th, 2018 (B/L date). Shipments loaded after this date and arriving without Certificate of Conformity will be rejected by Customs and penalties will be applied: 50% of cargo value + confiscation and destruction of goods at the expense of the importers.
Please be reminded of the process to obtain your Certificate of Conformity:
The Certificate of Conformity (CoC) must be obtained by the Shipper prior loading by contacting one the following 4 organisms appointed by the Ivorian Ministry of Commerce:
- BUREAU VERITAS (BIVAC BV)
- COTECNA INSPECTION
- IINTERTEK International Limited
- Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS)
- Every shipment must be accompanied by a Certificate of Conformity ;
- Certificate must be obtained at the Port of Loading. It is not possible to obtain it at destination;
- Certificate is required for Customs clearance.
NB: CoC number is not needed to be mentioned on B/L or Cargo Manifest.
Exempted goods : below listed goods do not require a Certificate of Conformity (CoC):
- Gold and other precious metals
- Precious stones
- Explosives, Weapons, ammunition and other war material intended for the national armed forces and police force
- Live animals
- Fresh Fish, meat, vegetables and fruit
- Plants and floricultural products
- Printed and developed cinematographic films
- Newspapers and periodicals, postal or tax stamps, stamp paper, banknotes, check books, passports
- Personal effects and used household objects
- Used cars
- Postal Parcels
- Crude or partially refined oil
- Commercial samples
- Supplies to the diplomatic and consular missions or international organizations, imported for their own needs/use
- Imported goods and equipment for oil and mining operations
- Imports related to free regimes
- Raw products and traditional handicraft of community origin
NB: this list of products can be amended at any time by the Ministry of trade if necessary.