The CMA CGM Group, a leader in container shipping, will launch an innovative RO-RO serviceconnecting Morocco to Europe (Marseille, Port Vendres and Genoa): The Morocco Express.
The New RO-RO service will deploy 3 loops offering a capacity between 65 and 180 trailers per voyage. It is a competitive and speedy alternative to the road transport transiting through Spain connecting Morocco.
Please read the full press release in below link:
The first departures are scheduled simultaneously on October 21st, 2017 ex Tangiers and Marseille.
3 Different rotations for optimized service
The Morocco Express is composed of 3 loops between Morocco and the South of Europe:
• Loop 1: weekly service on a fixed day, available throughout the year. It connects Casablanca and Tangier to
Marseille with 3 departures per week from Morocco on a ship with a capacity of 180 trailers.
• Loop 2: weekly service on a fixed day, available throughout the year. It connects Tangier to Marseille and Genoa
with 2 departures each week from Southern Europe on a ship with a capacity of 180 trailers.
• Loop 3: weekly service on a fixed day, available from November to April. It connects the port of Tangier to PortVendres
with 1 departure per week from Tangier on a ship with a capacity of 65 trailers.
• Faster: only 36 hours separate Tangier and Marseille, for example
• Safe mode of transport: low risk of delay and road accidents
• Simpler: ships suitable for transporting trailers
• Frequent departures: several departures per week for each loop
the Morocco Express service reduces CO2 emissions by 43% compared to road transport transiting through Spain.
64 000 tons of CO2 can be saved each year by giving priority to shipping by sea.