Please be advised that the General Administration of Customs China (GACC) has issued Announcement No.56  (GACC website in Chinese) to adjust the manifest rules of import and export in the country. The adjusted rules, to be effective on 1st June 2018, will include the following key points for close attention in future documentation work:
- Manifest submissions must be made 24 hours prior to loading.
- Cargo Description must be complete and accurate.
- The full contact details of the Shipper and Consignee (or the Notify Party if Consignee is as To Order) are mandatory, including the Enterprise Codes.
Examples of Enterprise Codes:
- China – USCI (Unified Social Credit Identifier), OC (Organization Code)
- UK – Company Number, VAT Number
- USA – CIK (Central Index Key), EIN (Employer Identification Number)
OOCL respectfully requests our customers to provide accurate and complete shipping instructions before the documentation cutoff time as published on our website and in our Booking Acknowledgement form. For electronic submissions through My OOCL Center, additional fields to input the overseas Enterprise Code and the USCI or OC are available in the Shipping Instruction Submission function on our e-commerce platform.